Sunday, March 1, 2009

Taking time to ponder

So today was fast and testimony meeting in our ward. Near the end, I thought I might get up and share an experience Kristy and I had about a week ago, but several people got up and the meeting went over...but I thought, 'hey, I could include it our blog!' (Side note: I've found that I've been thinking in blog-entries these days.)

As far as background goes, Kristy and I have been crazy-busy lately. Kristy works everyday from 7am to almost 5 pm, I watch the baby (which I've found to be much busier than I expected) and study for the CPA and have prep classes two nights a week. On top of that, we each have callings in the ward, family and friends to visit, etc. All good and very necessary things -- but we've been pretty tired. It's like, 'welcome to the rest of our lives!' (in a good way).

Anyway, we hadn't had the chance to go to the temple for a few weeks, so we asked some of our married friends if they could watch Jake for the evening. They could, so we ended up going on a Friday night. As it turned out, the temple was very busy (which is a good thing), but we actually ended up waiting around for a long time before we finally had to leave to pick up Jake. It would have been nice to stay and do some work, but we realized that having an hour or so to just sit in that beautiful, peaceful place and ponder was exactly what we needed. Life gets so busy -- but it's still so important to take time to be still and think about what we're grateful for, what we can do better, and how good the Lord has been to us.

So that's the thought: turn off the radio, pull out the earbuds, and be still. It's SO worth it. :)


2 comments:

  1. Good advice. Quiet time, especially at the temple, is soothing to the soul. Jake is really growing, it's fun to see in pictures.
    lyl, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually wrote a blog post in my head on the same friday with the same thought...be still. The girls were off on the playground and roland was really mellow, and my first thought was that I should have brought my ipod or computer or something to multi task. It was so wonderful that I didn't though. It was so cathartic and wonderful to just relax in the sunshine with my thoughts. Anywho...I meant to comment to this post when you first made it, but I'm a cruddy commenter.

    ReplyDelete