So tonight we took Jake to his second BYU basketball game...and thankfully this one turned out better than the last one (last time we lost to Wake Forest). The game tonight was WAY closer than it should have been -- the Cougs just didn't come out to play -- but they were able to pull it out for a win. That means that we've won the conference championship 3 years in a row, which is the first time we've done that since the early 1930s. Anyway, it was fun to go!Kristy and I were talking after the game tonight and we realized that tonight was our last BYU basketball game while still living in Provo. While we're both excited to move on to the next stage of our lives and head out to California, we're going to miss living here in Happy Valley. I don't know if I would have said that a few years ago, but I really feel like that now. Both Kristy and I have had wonderful experiences here and made great memories. It has plenty of quirks, but we love how family-friendly it is, how many fun (and cheap!) things there are to do, and so on. It will be fun to come back and visit later, especially as our kids get older and we can take them to games, show them around campus, get them ice cream at the Creamery on 9th, and let them pick out a book at the BYU Bookstore. I have fond memories of doing that as a kid and I hope we can help our kids develop similar good feelings, regardless of whether they come to school here or not.
Anyway, just some nostalgic and sentimental thoughts.... Go Cougs! :)
I love you guys! Love, Gma Stanley
ReplyDelete